The Current State of the Patna Job Market
Patna is the second largest city in eastern India, trailing only behind Kolkata. The population of the city is estimated at 1.68 million as of the 2011 census. When including the urban areas, the population swells to over 2 million people. People have been searching for the right vacancy in Patna for centuries, as the city is one of the oldest and continuously inhabited places on earth.
Founded in 490 BCE, the city was a center for fine arts and learning. Patna is situated on the Ganges river, and it also borders other rivers, including the Punpun, Sone and Gandak. The city maintains one of the highest incomes per capita in Bihar at 106,000 Rs. This indicates that the city is also one of the fastest growing in India. Annual growth in the city between 2006 and 2010 was 3.72%.
The city has been a major trade hub for centuries, and many ports in the area lead to the city maintaining its dominance in trade. Population in the city grew 22.2% between 2001 and 2011 due to the high volume of trade.
Job Opportunities in Patna and Economic Information
The current job openings in Patna are all derived from the city’s massive growth that has been sustained since 2006. The country has grown quickly due to a boost in the fast-moving consumer goods industry. The service sector is also a major component of the city’s economy. Green revolution businesses have also sprung up in the city. And in 2009, the World Bank d the city as the second best city in all of India to start a business. The business sector and economy has lured in several small startups, which has spurred an uptick in recent jobs in Patna.
Salary information from the latest jobs include:
- Financial Manager: A financial manager in the city will be able to earn a high salary of 16,000 – 29,000 Rs per month, depending on the position available. Some positions offer even higher salaries.
- IT Recruiters: The IT industry is growing across the city, and the boom has led to recruitment associates being in high demand. Numerous positions are offering 3.0 Lakh per year in salary for this position.
- Marketing Executives: Marketing and sales are on the rise. Marketing executives can earn 8,000 - 10,000 Rs per month or more.
How to Find the Latest Jobs in Patna
When it comes to finding a job in Patna, you’ll find that there are numerous positions in most fields available. Smaller startups are always hiring, which opens the doors for many technology and computer majors to find a job with a growing company.
Jobtonic.in offers you the ability to:
- Search for jobs only in Patna
- Set alerts to be notified of the latest jobs
- Refine search results to specific criteria
The best part is that users will also be able to find jobs from all across India in one central location. It’s the fastest and easiest way to conduct a job search, and users can start right now.