The Job Market in Kannur
Kannur is a city in the Kannur district of the state of Kerala. The Indian city had an official population of 1.6 million people in 2011, making it the sixth largest city in the state. The city is formerly known as Cannanore when under British rule. Indian Railways often calls the city by its former name, so anyone planning on using mass transit will want to consider this when departing.
The city is often referred to as the city of Looms and Lores
The name comes from the famous loom industry as well as the robust folk arts held in the temples. Pristine beaches line the shores of the city, bringing in countless tourists every year. Current job openings in Kannur often include positions in tourist-related industries. An important, strategic location, Kannur is also home to the Kannur Cantonment which is one of the 62 cantonments in India. The Defense Security Corps resides in the city as well as the 122 infantry battalion.Kannur is home to Asia’s largest naval academy and the third largest in the world.
The Latest Jobs in Kannur and Popular Industries
If you want to find a vacancy in Kannur, tourism is one of the city’s biggest industries due primarily to the pristine beaches in the city. Hindu temples also line the city as well as many universities.
A few of many of the job openings recently posted in the city are:
- Data Entry: A home-based opportunity was listed that paid 1.0 Lakh/year for a fresher in data entry. This opportunity allows a person to work from home as long as they have an internet connection. Several companies listed positions.
- Doctors: A slew of doctor and medical positions were posted. Gynecologist positions are in high demand, with a competitive salary offered. Anesthetist positions are available, too, with a 9 Lakh/year salary offered.
- Academic Counselors: The universities and schools in the area have a variety of positions open in Kannur. Recent jobs in Kannur offer a 1 Lakh/year salary for an academic counselor.
- Marketing: There is a high demand for marketing executives in the city, with salaries that are 1 Lakh/year in most cases.
Lecturers and teaching positions are available, too. These positions offer a steady work environment, with salaries of 1.5 Lakh/year on average. Biology and biochemistry lecturers are in particularly high demand in 2016. Positions in many of the city’s looms will be able to be found, too. The city is famous for their loom industry.
Jobtonic.in Can Help You Find a Job
Kannur offers a lot of employment opportunities both on a seasonal and yearly basis. Tourism season sees a major uptick in availability in the job market. Professionals will also find ample opportunity in the city.
Finding a job is easy thanks to Job Tonic
When it comes time to conduct a job search, you’ll find comfort in Job Tonic’s many features:
- Real-time results from all across the Internet
- Filters that help you find jobs fast and efficiently
- Alerts to tell you when new jobs matching your criteria are listed
Kannur offers a fun, competitive job market with opportunities in every field.