Hot Sectors and Employers
Delhi is home to 25 million people, earning it the “megacity” title, and the most populous city in the nation. As the third largest urban area in the world, Delhi boasts more job openings than most other cities in India. The city is also the largest commercial center all of northern India and boasts the second-highest per capita income in the country at Rs 210000.
As for job opportunities, Delhi surpassed Mumbai in 2014 to become the biggest job generator in the country. Just behind Mumbai, Delhi has the second largest number of millionaires and billionaires.
Delhi has been designated an NCR (National Capital Region) under the 69th Amendment Act of 1991 of the Constitution of India. The NCR title gives the city its own legislature, an executive council of ministers and a high court. It even jointly administers New Delhi’s government along with the government of India. Whether you work in IT, hospitality, telecommunications, customer service, or somewhere in between, there are many well-paying job opportunities in Delhi.
The Most Popular Sectors and Employers in Delhi
While you’re sure to find vacancies in just about every sector you can imagine, some industries have more openings than others.
Some of the most popular sectors include:
- Customer Service
A number of companies are actively engaged in recruitment in Delhi, but the companies with the highest number of vacancies include:
- IBM: International Business Machines (IBM) is a multinational technology corporation. Its corporate headquarters is in New York, but the company has several facilities in India, including Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Noida, Gurgaon, Indore, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Bhubaneshwar, Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam. Jobs in consulting, sales, IT and management are available in Delhi.
- Hyatt: Hyatt Hotels Corporation is a U.S.-based multinational hospitality corporation with resorts, hotels and vacation properties all over the world. The Hyatt Regency in Delhi is a five-star, luxury hotel and offers numerous job openings for locals, including guest service, catering, event sales director, chefs and more.
- 2COMS: 2COMS is a recruitment, staffing and training firm with over 2,500 employees and seven branches. The company offers a variety of HR solutions and services, from contract staffing to recruitment, payroll outsourcing and more. Management positions are available as well as economist positions.
- Space Consultancy: A recruitment firm headquartered in New Delhi that offers job opportunities for web designers, business development managers, event organizers, software engineers and more.
- Collabera: An IT recruitment and staffing agency located in Pradesh. Collabera has vacancies in IT, web development, consulting, sales and even translating.
- Live Connections: A career placement firm with openings for loan experts, finance, digital sales and more.
- Capgemini: A leading global technology solutions provider that offers technology and outsourcing services as well as consulting. The company is searching for team leaders and IT professionals with years of experience in the field.
These are just a few of the many companies in Delhi looking to hire new staff. Salaries are often higher than neighboring cities, with thousands of positions offering salaries of Rs 100000 or more.