Daman and Diu’s Job Market
Daman and Diu is a union territory, and it’s home to 242,000+ people, according to the 2011 census. The city has an eclectic list of official languages, including English and Hindi. The coastal enclaves of the territory were part of Portuguese India for over 450 years, and there is still a lot of Portuguese influence in the territory as a result. The state’s smaller, and the economy has a lot of engineering opportunities. Many of the recent jobs in Daman and Diu revolve around engineering, with a high portion of jobs willing to hire freshers. Telecommunications is thriving in Daman and Diu, with numerous large companies offering new jobs, including Reliance Mobile, Vodafone and Airtel. Tourism in the territory is on the rise, but a lack of railway junctions makes it difficult for the industry to blossom. There are a lot of buildings that feature Portuguese styles, and Jain Temple, St. Paul’s Church and Nani Daman Fort are among the most popular destinations for tourists to see.
A Look at the Latest Jobs in Daman and Diu
There are ample job openings available in Daman and Diu no matter your job title or experience. Dozens of new jobs are posted daily, and there are positions available in the following sectors:
- Human Resources
A few of the many listings that have been posted in the last day, include:
- GMP Training Executive: A position that pays 300,000 – 400,000 PA. The job will require you to train all employees.
- Waitress / Waiter: A local hotel and restaurant is waiting for an applicant to fill the position of waiter or waitress. The position will pay 2.5 Lakh per year.
- Electrical Engineer: A job as an electrical engineer has opened, with freshers being considered. This job requires a B. Tech or Diploma, and the position pays 2.0 Lakh per year.
- Civil Engineer: A site engineer with a B. Tech or Diploma can earn 2.0 Lakh as a fresher.
- Ground Staff: A local airport is looking to fill their ranks with freshers. There are positions available for ticketing and ground staff, and the pay is 2.0 Lakh per year.
With so many job opportunities, you’re sure to find a job that meets your needs in Daman and Diu.
Finding Current Job Openings in Daman and Diu
Job Tonic is your source for job openings in Daman and Diu. Start your job search off the right way with our easy-to-use navigation, features and resume builder. We’ve created the tools you need to start and end your job search all on one site.
The job search starts with robust filters that let you search by:
- Time period
- Form of employment
And you can even receive new job listings directly in your inbox as they’re posted so that you never miss a vacancy in Daman and Diu. Save, favorite and share job listings, or send out your resume to companies that are ready and waiting to hire an applicant with your skills and experience today all on JobTonic.in.